At 01:40 PM 10/10/2002, Justin Heesemann wrote:
>On Thursday 10 October 2002 20:15, Paul Theodoropoulos wrote:
> > probably not possible. but i was wondering if there's any way an additional
> > 'comment' field could be added to vpopmail. reasoning: we have one 'mai
> >
>i don't know.. buy what about the gecos field ?
>does this exist for some reason? and if so.. couldn't it be used for just
>this
>purpose ?

there is no gecos in vpopmail. there's a 'pseudo' gecos, since the password
entries are roughly equivalent in form to a standard unix password entry.
but that's the very field that's public and so doesn't meet the need.

Paul Theodoropoulos
http://www.anastrophe.com
http://folding.stanford.edu
The Happy-go-lucky Misanthrope