At 07:08 11/10/2002 +1000, Michael Bowe wrote:

>You can add as many additional fields as desired if you run the vpopmail
>with the MySQL backend

I think he's more interested in a field made available to the software,
like vQadmin, than adding it manually.  I've got an upcoming project that
requires an extra field (or two) per Vpomail account, and I've been
thinking of how best to do it.  Well, that's a lie, I know how best to do
it.  Add it into Vpopmail and then patch vQadmin to handle this field. I'm
just being lazy, since I don't want to re-write with every new version of
Vpopmail or vQadmin.. So perhaps I'll just suggest it here:

What does everyone think of adding a misc. field or two to Vpopmail's SQL
structure for that can be accessed in a program like vQadmin.  What gets
put into it and how its used is up to each sysadmin though.

-- Steve