From: Pat Walsh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 2:18 PM
To: Vchkpw
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] Adding users

Tren Blackburn wrote:
> A simpler solution is to build vpopmail with clear text passwords and
> learning passwords.  The first time they pop in, it will learn their
> pop password, and put it into a clear text field as well as an
> encrypted field.  Makes it easier for Help Desk people.

I'm pretty sure that I installed with "learning passwords" enabled in
anticipation of this migration. Is there a way to verify that?

Also, I tried adding a user and it insisted on wanting a password -
vadduser and the qmailadmin. I assume for "learning" to take affect you
need a blank password. So, how to create a user w/o a password?

Pat

> Regards,
>
> Tren

Every