Zitat von Boris Manojlovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> As you know I'm (was better to say) a main developer of ldap module for
> vpopmail as that I would ask Bill Shupp to commit these changes into
> vpopmail base (and I send you small patch allready but was never commited)
>
> so anyway  Jens Jahr when you created your howto you expeled MD5 support
> Ok I must confess that my support was not so good for MD5 but anyway with
> tweaking of openldap slapd we can get REAL MD5 hash system `
> Anyway I think job is still not done with LDAP module but first we DO need
>
> Bill Shup to commit your changes to base source tree

Hi Boris,

your are right with your slapd tweaks ! I already ajust my how-to ;-)
Because now I have a huge mailsever running vpopmail-ldap i am indeed willing to
improve the vpopmail-LDAP support.
As you may know that many of the M$ guys are using ADS, the only reason to give
this mailserver a chance running linux was definitively : LDAP is supported.

So I have been in big trouble, because I had several problems runing
vpopmail-ldap, including this fancy: "unable to change to userdir".

so I began these patches to make LDAP-supporr work for me and include the whole
LDAP-error message.

There is some work to do and I am willing to address it - making vpopmail
support LDAP in a propper way - You did a __great__ job implenting the initial
LDAP-support  !!

I will offer all my patches to be included in mainstream in order to get a get a
complete LDAP-support in vpopmail and I will also maintain my LDAP-Howto

But I am absolutly not familar to whom I should send my patches.

Cheers
Jens