On Friday 07 March 2003 17:36, Jonas Pasche wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> > Apologies if this is already answered elsewhere -- I didn't see it.  What
> > should the file permissions and ownership be for the tcprules tcp.smtp
> > file in order to enable vpopmail pop-before-smtp roaming user support?
> > In other words, for qmail/vpopmail to temporarily add an IP address for
> > pop-before-stmp temp-relay support, what setup do I need?
>
> vpopmail doesn't need to write to tcp.smtp (as you can see, the file
> never changes, even not without roaming users). tcp.smtp only contains
> _static_ rules for allowing/disallowing connections and relaying.
>
> vpopmail saves relaying information in ~vpopmail/etc/open-smtp, and it
> creates tcp.smtp.cdb (which is used by tcpserver) from both tcp.smtp and
> open-smtp.

I'm a little confused about this myself...
Does 'open-smtp' not get created if you have mysql support enabled? I have
mysql support enabled.

My vpopmail installation doesn't create this file, and it doesn't build
'tcp.smtp.cdb'. (Yes, I ran clearopensmtp)

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

We are actively looking for companies that do a lot of long
distance faxing and want to cut their long distance bill by
up to 50%.  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for more info.