From: jeffkoch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 10:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [vchkpw] Spamassassin Integration Problem

We have spamassassin partly working with the qmail/vpopmail setup. But
are
having a problem getting it setup so that it processes all of the email
that comes into the domain.

We have the following line in .qmail-default :

| preline /usr/bin/spamc | /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail ''
/home/vpopmail/domains/edeint.com/pop99922

within this domain directory we have directories for the users:

ede/
jbk/
pop99922/
postmaster/

we also have .qmail files for the following aliases. There .qmail files
were created by qmailadmin

.qmail-chinesco (contains &[EMAIL PROTECTED])
.qmail-daniel (contains
/home/vpopmail/domains/edeint.com/pop99922/Maildir/ )
.qmail-jeff (contains &[EMAIL PROTECTED] )

The problem we have is that spamassassin commands in .qmail-default are
only analyzing emails that are addressed to one of the real pop accounts
-
it is not analyzing emails addressed to an alias for either a local or
remote email account.

For example it does not work on mail addressed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] even

though that mail is then put into the local pop99922 email account.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how we can get spamassassin to work on
all mail at the domain level? Are we using it wrong or are we using
qmailadmin incorrectly.

Thanks

Jeff

---