Hi Nick

did you use rsync an small server? What dirs must been synced? We have two servers but they been connected in different datacenters. So one maschine or datacenter fails, the other can backup the first, after the dns-entries are changed. the dns-server was located in an third datacenter and do only dns and mx-backup.

Make this constellation sense?

Greetings,

Jens

Forgive me my bad english, normaly i speak german :-)

I've got a configuration similar to the first suggestion, and have built
redundant pairs of machines using the second configuration, so let me
know if you have any more specific questions regarding these sorts of
setups.