I tried looking through the archives to no avail, hoping someone can help me.

I'm trying to setup an smtprouting service for some customers of mine. I already had the default delivery to the local isp's smtp server working 100%, but I've come across a bit of an issue.

I had domain.net installed on my mail3.domain.com server. I am now centralising my mail systems but wish to still use mail3 as an smtp/spam-assassin/machine, and as backup to mail and mail2.

So what I've done is remove domain.net from mail3.domain.com and install it on mail.domain.com. On mail3, I put the following line in smtproutes

domain.net:mail.domain.com

But the problem is now I'm getting the dreaded... this host is not in my rcpthosts

553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) (in reply
   to RCPT TO command)

when trying to send mail to this domain. How do I set it up so that domain.net routes all mail to mail.domain.com. The MX is pointing to mail3, so I know it's setup right. Understanding the way vpopmail works I guess it still needs to exist locally for it to work?? Although I did try just adding the domain to get it added to teh rcpthosts but it then tells me that I don't have any such user defined on this server.

I want to understand how I can setup smtprouting using vpopmail when the domain doesn't exist in the local vpopmail domains list.

Cheers,
Doogie