Hi all,
I am sure you have heard this one before, but I cannot seem to find the fix I am after and not sure which list the problem is relevant to.

I have the problem where once you login to imp (with IMAP) with more than 5 characters long user part of the email, then all the shorter usernames cannot login (until I restart the services)
ie
[EMAIL PROTECTED] can login and check mail fine. logout fine.
then say the email [EMAIL PROTECTED] logs in and then [EMAIL PROTECTED] can no longer login. I thn restart the services and its all good until the longer email logs in again

does anyone know if the problem stems from courier-imap, imp or vpopmail (vchkpw) or maybe even something else??

I am using;
vpopmail 5.3.20
qmail 1.0.3
qmailadmin 1.0.24
courier-imap 1.7.3.20030606
and imp 3.2.1

POP auth is not a problem.
I read before that it was a combination of vpopmail / qmailadmin / courier-imap, so updated to development versions, suggested in the list but to no avail.
please advise if you need to see any config/log stuff etc.

--
regards
nik [tm]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]