----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonas Pasche" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > -rwx--x--x    1 root     qmail       12480 Apr  3 11:11
> > /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup
> > -rw---x--x    1 vpopmail vchkpw      45264 Apr  3 11:19
> > /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw
>
> Erm - where's the execute bit for the owner of vchkpw..?
>
> Please issue "chmod -R 755 /home/vpopmail/bin" to set all needed
> permissions. Then check again if you can access your mail by POP3.

That worked fine.

I'm very grateful for your help, and my learning curve wen't up a mile.

After looking for 5 hours on this issue, I was getting blind. I don't get
why a windowsbox changes permissions on files, so that's a lesson learned
dearly.

Thanks for giving me the replies, that I often issue to my own hotline
people often. 'don't give us the interpretation, but the facts'. My
stressslevel just intervened and made me act like I do so despise.

Google's happy also, when this get's in the archives :)

Thanks again, Jonas.

Max