From: Brad Dameron [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 1 September 2003 7:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] 5.3.26 error with chkusr patch + mysql

Speaking of this patch. I think there is a potential of people being able to harvest e-mail accounts using a dictionary, etc. They can connect up and just validate e-mail addresses with this patch to determine if they are valid or not. This could be a spammers dream come true. I have seen this occur on sendmail servers.

Brad