Thanks Shane,

i changed my run script to the following but still i
hv the same error. this time i also tried to telnet to
my port 110

telnet localhost 110
user [EMAIL PROTECTED]
pass xxxx
ERR $Home/Mailbox doesnt exist for this user.
Connection closed by remote host.

It successfuly authenticates [EMAIL PROTECTED]
but rejects the user because the user doesnt hv
Mailbox. this is true because this is a virtual user.
i am only able to access mails to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] thru sqwebmail but not thru
Outlook express - POP.

then i tried
telnet localhost 110
user [EMAIL PROTECTED]
pass xxxx
ERR authentication failed. Connection closed by remote
host.

i think the reason why it happens is that vopomail
doesnt know anything about ojoobala.com. i compiled
./vadddomain as mail.ojoobala.com. the only domain i
see under home/vpopmail/domain is mail.ojoobala.com
but no ojoobala.com.

 i also tried to remove ojoobala.com from locals. then
i tried to send mail to ojoobala.com then nothing
happens. there is no mail either in /home/vpopmail or
in /home/balaji/Mailbox.

i checked permissions of the directory they hv proper
permissions for vpopmail:vchkpw.

Some more details of my setup. i hv a single static IP
address and i use it for web and email. My webserver
and email are behind firewall and i do a port forward
to my servers. So i dont hv a separate static address
for my mailserver.

mail.ojoobala.com is my mail server machine name which
is behind firewall. Thats the reason when some one
tries to resolve my domain name they poin to same IP
address.

thanks a lot,
-B