On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 11:05, X-Istence wrote:
> J. Kendzorra wrote:
> > Michael Bowe:
> >
> > > I searched the sources of qmail and vpopmail, and that error does not
> > > appear anywhere.
> > > Are you sure that is the exact error that you are receiving?
> > > If so, then what other patches are you running on your qmail/vpopmail
> > > installation?
> > >
> > I'm rather sure that message comes from the patches here:
> > http://people.kldp.org/~eunjea/qmail/patch/
> > The author has already been informed that the message is a little bit
> > strange. I'm also using this a-i-o patch, and it works like a charm.
> > The reason for songrit's problem may be elsewhere.
> >
> > Juergen
> >

> Actually, the error that he gave is in qMail itself, and means that
> the domain they are trying to send to is not in their
> /var/qmail/control(s)/rcpthosts, and if they have the auth patch
> applied, it means they are not allowed to relay.
>
> Simple as that :)

If you are running qmail & vpopmail, be sure to follow instructions in
the vpopmail install.

In /etc/tcp.smtp put this:

127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""

Then run as root:
tcprules /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb /etc/tcp.smtp.tmp < /etc/tcp.smtp

Then do as root:
chmod 644 /etc/tcp.smtp*

Then run as root:
/home/vpopmail/bin/clearopensmtp

Of course you will have to change the paths if these are not correct for
your system.

Dee
--
W.D.McKinney (Dee)          | Affordable E-Mail and Internet Solutions
Alaska Wireless Systems     | for Schools, Libraries, Clinics & Business'