Oliver Etzel - GoodnGo.COM \(R\) writes:

> I want to create new users like [EMAIL PROTECTED] NOT with vadduser

Why would you not want to use vadduser?

> BUT with just .

With just what?

> Any hints,
> how I can generate the encrypted password in the column pw_passwd
> (looks like this $1$S/TPu$GjMMj7yMJqG.0ckx) ???????

Yes, I could tell you how to do that.  But creating an entry in
MySQL and crypting the password is only part of the process that
vadduser (or any of the web admin interfaces like qmailadmin which use
the vpopmail libraries) do.

It really is easier to use vadduser or link to the appropriate routines
in the vpopmail libraries (or use one of the webadmin tools). It is
also safer, because if vpopmail changes in the future, vadduser will do
whatever is necessary to accommodate that change whereas your method
(whatever it is) may not.

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support