On Sunday 02 November 2003 03:48, John wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> Yeah, qmailadmin/vqadmin are great tools we use, but I have designed
> a tool
 at work that manages apache vhosts, dialup accounts, dhcp
> leases, etc, all in one application (csr application), and I wanted
> to make my development time for the email/pop/etc.. admin part of the
> tool shorter to save work some money since I knew an extension was
> being developed.
>
> If anyone else would be interested in a working php extension, let me
> know.
 We are using the 5.3.29 series and php 4.3.x, so work would
> mainly support newer versions, not really old vpopmail versions or
> older php versions for now.
>
> I'll contact the vpopmail extension owner, and maybe give a status
> update
 later if anyone's interested.

The problem with the php extension is, that apache has to run as
vpopmail user. So I've written a small daemon which takes care of all
of vpopmail's functions for administration (adding domains, aliases,
users...). php can talk to it with some easy functions and
authentification is integrated as well..
This also enables you to run apache on a different server than vpopmail.

--
Mit internetten Grüßen / Best Regards
Justin Heesemann                                    ionium Technologies