John wrote:

Hello,

Please let me know where I should direct these 3 questions if they are
inappropriate here:

Background:

I am using vpopmail-devel 5.3.29 successfully with about 500 users in
production. I compiled using this:

        ./configure --enable-roaming-users=n --enable-logging=p
--enable-defaultquota=20971520S --enable-ip-alias-domains=n
--enable-passwd=n --enable-clear-passwd=y --enable-domain-quotas=n
--enable-mysql=y --enable-many-domains=n --enable-auth-logging=y
--enable-mysql-logging=y --enable-valias=y --enable-mysql-limits=n

I downloaded the vpopmail PECL extension from cvs
(http://cvs.php.net/cvs.php/pecl/vpopmail)

I am using a recent snapshot of PHP 4.3.4 compiled as a module (redhat
9/apache 2.0.47-fedora FYI), and all compiles well including the vpopmail
extension, but I seem to get a variety of errors when I use any function
from the vpopmail extension (I can submit the errors if this is the right
place to do such)

Questions:

1) Is there a more up to date version of the vpopmail extension that works
properly?
2) Is the vpopmail extension still being developed?
3) If no to both above, Would anyone be interested in a vpopmail php
extension that works if I volunteer my free time and pick up from there the
PECL vpopmail extension leaves off if it is no longer actively developed?

Thanks!

John

The vpopmail extension as far as i know is not being created by anyone on this list, or if they are on this list, it is not used by us, and we are not the developers of the extension. If you want to administer vpopmail, i suggest trying qmailadmin, or getting the perl vpopmail extension, and write a perl script. As the PHP module says, its not yet fully finished, and can contain bugs.