Greetings folks,

if(you don't care about the explanation) goto QUESTION

:EXPLANATION
I am this close -> '' to getting courier-imap to work (well) with vchkpw.
I have compiled courier --without-authdaemon and --with-authvchkpw.

I have been running vpopmail 5.2.1 for a while now, but on someone's
advice I also compiled 5.3.29 and copied libvpopmail.a to the
/home/vpopmail/lib directory, renaming the old one.  I did this, of
course, before I built courier-imap.

When I start courier using tcpserver, I believe that the authentication
process itself is successful, but it craps out, citing the following
failure:
        chdir "Pop User by CGI": No such file or directory
Looking in that domain's vpasswd file, the format is this:
<username>:<password>:1:0:Pop User by CGI:<path-to-user's-dir>:NOLOGIN
Sometimes the "Pop User by CGI" is replaced with the username, or
"Pop User by CLI".

So my question is this:

:QUESTION
Has the format of the vpasswd file changed between 5.2.x and 5.3.x?
I looked in the docs, ChangeLog and FAQ and can't find anything that
explains the syntax.

I realize my whole setup is cracked, especially the fact that I did
not install vpopmail 5.3.29, that I'm just using the libvpopmail.a
from it.  I didn't want to screw up my vpopmail installation, since
it has been working fine for so long now.

Thanks in advance, and let me know if I need to supply any more info.

PK