On Jan 3, 2004, at 8:53 AM, Dean Henrichsmeyer wrote:
On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 00:18, Tom Collins wrote:
http://vpopmail.sf.net/

I anticipate that this release will become final/stable in the coming
week.  There might be a few more documentation additions/changes, but
otherwise it should be solid and complete.

Someone mentioned something about putting in a patch so that cram-md5
auth would work with vchkpw. I can't remember who it was but does anyone
know if this has been done?

Shoot. It hasn't been done. I'm visiting family for the holidays, and haven't been able to spend much time working on vpopmail. I wanted to get a release candidate out, but I forgot that that patch was in my queue.

Someone (Bowe?) wrote (in a SourceForge tracker item) that it might be incompatible with one of the smtp auth patches for qmail. I know for a fact that I can't use CRAM-MD5 from Apple Mail to my server, so I don't doubt that there's a need for a patch.

If anyone out there can test CRAM-MD5 auth, please try applying this patch to rc1 and reporting back whether it fixes the problem. Also, please report the source of your SMTP AUTH patch if known.

http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/smtpauth.html

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]