----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrea Riela" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Michael Bowe wrote:
> > I will download, test, and will report back my findings soon (might
> > not be till tomorrow though sorry)
>
> Thanks Michael,
>
> Well, probably I don't understand the '-lcrypt' on lib_deps file. If I
> insert that on lib_deps before compile courier, I couldn't do gmake:

When you compile/install vpopmail, it records the required libraries etc
into the lib_deps file

This is so that when add-on programs try to link against the libvpopmail.a,
they know what libraries are going to be required.

You shouldnt need to manually edit this file... It should be auto-populated
when you run "make install-strip"

Here is what the lib_deps would contain for a typical vpopmail/cdb install
  -L/home/vpopmail/lib -lvpopmail  -lcrypt

Here is what the lib_deps would contain for a typical vpopmail/mysql install
:
  -L/home/vpopmail/lib -lvpopmail -L/usr/local/mysql/lib  -lmysqlclient -lz
-lcrypt

Here is what the lib_deps would contain for a typical vpopmail/ldap install
  -L/home/vpopmail/lib -lvpopmail -L/usr/local/lib -lldap -llber -lresolv -l
crypt

Here is what the lib_deps would contain for a typical vpopmail/pgsql insatll
  -L/home/vpopmail/lib -lvpopmail -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq  -lcrypt

As you can see, the contents will vary depending on the auth backend. They
should all contain -lcrypt though, as the crypt function is required by some
of the functions inside vpopmail

Michael.