On Jan 16, 2004, at 10:10 AM, Chris Hardie wrote:
BUT, we have a meddlesome user on 12.161.105.140 who is popping into
vpopmail, which has the allow roaming users flag set.  As soon as this
user does that, an entry is created in the tcp.smtp database for that
user, as reflected in the open-smtp file:

12.161.105.140:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="" 1074272408

I don't think it's an unreasonable request for us to modify vpopmail so that the rules in tcp.smtp take precedence over the rules established by open-smtp.

The actual code to change is in update_rules().

I was under the impression that the first line to match an IP was the one selected. If that's the case, then processing tcp.smtp first, followed by open-smtp (which is how it works now) should work correctly.

I see two options: 1) keep track of all IPs listed in tcp.smtp when sending that data to tcprules, and ignore entries that match those IPs when processing open-smtp. 2) send entries from open-smtp to tcprules FIRST, followed by the rules in tcp.smtp.

I don't personally use roaming users, so I don't know the full details of how it works. If someone can provide more information, it should be possible to modify vpopmail to handle this situation. Also, if anyone can think of a reason that rules in tcp.smtp SHOULDN'T override entries in open-smtp, then please speak up now.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]