Assuming you use Apache of course : >

Thomas Madej
Furi Enterprises
http://furi.ca/

On 1-Mar-04, at 4:07 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Eduardo M. Bragatto wrote:
Rick Widmer wrote:

There are two ways to run the extension that I know of.

o Start a separate instance of Apache on its own port or IP address,
running as the mail user. This instance should only serve mail related
pages. This is very easy to do.

o Don't allow any web sites on the mail server.  Only run QmailAdmin
and
sqWebmail on the mail server, and don't allow anyone but mail system
administrators to login on the machine.  (This is the one I use.)

I've got a question.

If one runs such a dedicated apache-instance (uid=vpopmail) on a more or
less random port bound to localhost - would it be possible to
reverse-proxy your script through the main instance on port 80/443 ?
Generally, this works best when the site uses no JavaScript and only
relative links.
That would keep the "single system image" to end-users and administrators.

cheers,
Rainer