On 22-Feb-04, at 7:29 PM, Marcin Soltysiak wrote:

o Start a separate instance of Apache on its own port or IP address,
running as the mail user. This instance should only serve mail related
pages. This is very easy to do.

o Don't allow any web sites on the mail server. Only run QmailAdmin and
sqWebmail on the mail server, and don't allow anyone but mail system
administrators to login on the machine. (This is the one I use.)

Didn't you ever heard about "sudo"?
Using sudo you may allow the apache's user to run commands (that you
specify) as the vpopmail's user. I did it once, it isn't hard. I also
believe that's more secure, since the vpopmail's user will be used only
weh necessary (to run some commands) and not all the time (to run apache).

sudo with PHP extension? When PHP is a module? How?

Solt

Via PHP's CGI module.

Thomas