From: Michael Bellears [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 9:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [vchkpw] Server Farm..

I am in the process of migrating our qmail/vpopmail/webmail box to a
server farm (Using ServerIron for Load Balancing)

I have decided to log everything to a central log server (To simplify
support and generation of stats), and came across the following:

The following describes how to log to remote host using multilog and
tcpclient:

http://smarden.org/socklog/network.html

Has anyone used the above - Or has comments suggestions on an
alternative?

I was also thinking of having mysql servers(2 to begin with) in a Mutual
Master-Slave relationship (Sitting behind a loadbalancer), and have all
qmail/vpopmail/webmail boxes connect to the one (Loadbalanced) IP for
auth....Although I have never used Mutual Master-Slave relationship with
MySQL, and do not know how effective it is? (If anyone has an alternate
solution, please let me know!)

We are building the NAS ourselves, and I have had a few reports that NFS
was "a total bandwidth whore" - Therefore was considering running Samba
only?
Would also appreciate anyones experiences(Difficulty in setting up,
scalability etc) with using either LDAP, Kerberos or (maybe?) Radius for
auth - As I've heard NIS has security issues?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
MB