On Monday 05 April 2004 2:46 pm, Ken Jones wrote:
>[snip]

I'd like any comments or votes on how this version
is using a POP3 type protocol.

I think it works pretty nicely. A single "." on a line by itself
represents End of File when sending or receiving multiple
lines of infomation.

From the client side, responses come back from vpopmail as either:
+OK
or
+OK
line of text
line of text
.
or
-ERR XXX error message

So the mod_user function would take it's
options on additional lines, like:
moduser [EMAIL PROTECTED]
no_smtp
quota 1234
.
And the server would reply back
+OK
or
-ERR XXX error message

Do you think the protocol is simple enough to make it easy to use?
I'd like to complete the full list of commands and responses for
a first version.

Any votes on which way of specifying directories would be easier
from the client program's point of view?
a) full paths
b) relative based on user or command

Ken