On Monday 26 April 2004 10:18 am, Chris Ess wrote:
> > > How can we setup vpopmail to work with Postfix? Is necessary have qmail
> > > installed too?

> > vpopmail was created for qmail only, postfix and qmail are two different
> > MTA's so this is not a solution you can use with postfix.
>
> See this sentence from http://www.inter7.com/vpopmail.html :
>
> "Inter7 has developed vpopmail (vchkpw), a free GPL software package, to
> provide an easy way to manage virtual email domains and non /etc/passwd
> email accounts on your qmail or Postfix mail servers."

yup.

> So it looks like there should be a way to get it to work with Postfix.
> (Or someone needs to fix the page.)
>
> There's even a link for a short howto on the Inter7 page:
> http://www.inter7.com/vpopmail/postfix.txt

 I think that's old, and it might not even be applicable to newer versions of
vpopmail or postfix.

> That said, I have never used vpopmail with Postfix, nor do I ever plan to,
> so I can't vouch whether or not any of the above is accurate beyond face
> value.

I neither use vpopmail with postfix, nor do I ever plan to.  I'm sure there
are those out there who do though (or have at least tried, successful or
not), does anyone want to come forward and say yay or nay if it still works,
or have a howto for it or something?

If it no longer works with postfix I'll update the page and put the 'last
known operable version' or something on there.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen
Systems Administrator