From: Rick Widmer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 8:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] vpopmail installation on a Client MySQL Server

Kirti S. Bajwa wrote:

/home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain: error while loading sharred libraries:
libmysqlclient.so.12: cannot open shared object file: no such file or
directory

What is this error & how to fix it?

The mysql-client and/or mysql-devel packages (what ever RedHat calls them) are not installed, or for some reason vpopmail can not find them. If you already have a file libmysqlclient.so.12 on the slave server, let us know and we'll look at something different, but I bet you don't...

Make sure the client library and include files are installed on the slave machine. I don't do Red Hat, so I can't help with specifics.

or

Just install all of the mysql packages on the slave and don't sweat the extra couple of MB disk space they require. You don't have to actually start MySQL on the slave server.

or

If you have one box it works on, and another it does not and both are on the same version of RH, just find the files vpopmail complains about on the machine that has them, and copy them to the same directory on the other machine. There may be several files and vpopmail only reports one at a time, so you may have to run - copy - run - copy several times.

Rick