If this is not the case you'll have to be MUCH more specific as to how qmail-scanner "isn't working".

My appologies for the email I send before.

Ok, the qmail-scanner is using spamassassin and f-prot to clean spams and viruses. The installation was made following this procedure http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=171499

The rules I currently have on tcp.smtp are:
# Qmail-Scanner enabled for mail from localhost, relay allowed
127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl"
# Qmail-Scanner enabled (virus only) for mail from local network, relay allowed
196.12.161.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl"
# Qmail-Scanner enabled (virus and spam) for mail from external internet, relay denied
:allow,QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl"

I change the suggested (by the guide) localhost settings since my outgoing email wasn't filtered.
# Original Qmail-Scanner disabled for mail from localhost, relay allowed
127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue"

The server has one public IP and that's the ip I want mail filtered (both incomming and outgoing).

Any help would be appreciated.