(quoting fixed)

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:35:27 -0500
"Dave Kettmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

I believe this can work, but make sure that the path to ~vpopmail is the
same on both servers. Also don't forget to copy your changes in

> > It depends on how you are storing your passwords. I did a move from
> > one machine to another (not sure what versions) and if qmailadmin
> > and vpopmail are working fine on the new box, I had no problem just
> > tarring up the mail structure (/home/vpopmail/*) and putting it on
> > the new machine. Just dont forget to copy the passwords over :) I
> > may be wrong in this, but it did seem to work for me. If I'm wrong
> > .. someone please correct me.

Don't you mean tarring the mail structure _/home/vpopmail/domains_?
Simply tarring /home/vpopmail/* will will defeat his upgrade, as the
vpopmail bin directory is part of what you just tarred.

GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #57:
Windows NT encountered the following error: The operation completed