On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Ken Jones wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is something we built into vpopmail for sites like yours.
>
> Use mysql on the email server. Have the billing system
> insert an entry in the vpopmail table, leaving the directory
> field blank. vpopmail will automatically create the users
> directory and update the database when any program
> tries to deliver mail to the user, or authenticate as the user.

That's really neat!  I didn't realize you could do this.  (Now someone
will tell me that it's in the documentation that I seem to've not read
recently.)

(I know this is getting offtopic...) So I could use an INSERT statement in
SQL instead of vadduser?  Or am I not understanding this correctly?

Sincerely,

Chris Ess
System Administrator / CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)