On Sep 21, 2004, at 8:38 AM, Flavio Curti wrote:
Maybe it would be possible for vpopmail to do this conversion in
vpopmail if special characters are detected?

I guess that at a basic level, we could start by converting any user inputted domains into their 7-bit punycode format at the beginning of each program, and then using that format from then on.

Converting back for display would be a hit or miss type of thing, perhaps done on the fly (so we always use the 7-bit version internally).

I think I kept the original email on this, so I'll take another look at it. Is there enough demand to have this added to vpopmail and QmailAdmin? Is anyone using simple command-line programs to convert from unicode (or 8-bit) domain names to their punycode equivalents?

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]