On Tuesday 23 November 2004 08:18 pm, Tom Collins wrote:
> On Nov 23, 2004, at 11:01 AM, David Hubbard wrote:
> > Is there a way to override that
> > behavior so messages are not lost?  Is this the
> > expected behavior even or is something else incorrect?
> > If I reverse the order in the .qmail file it works as
> > intended but I'd rather not patch vpopmail for all of
> > our servers and then remember to do that for the future.
>
> It's a bit of a mess.
>
> What we really need are two different programs -- one as an
> autoresponder, and one as a vacation responder.  They need to bounce
> messages differently and exit differently.

yes, or a flag to autorespond to make it behave differently.

> I thought that someone had updated vdelivermail at one point to handle
> autoresponder's exit codes and not drop mail.  I guess not.

That's a hack.  it's better to use my patch to autorespond so it's not broken.
Patch and discussion can be found here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=808962&group_id=6691&atid=306691

-Jeremy

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]