On Friday 03 December 2004 01:42 pm, Oden Eriksson wrote:
> Thanks Jeremy, but smtp auth isn't the answer I was looking for. I know mr.
> sam and some other profilic people in this sphere thinks pop-before-smtp is
> dead, is silly and obsolete, but I can say it isn't.
>
> The question still, is how to make this work, not to make me start using
> smtp auth.

It won't.  You'd have to write a lot of code to make it so that it would
occasionally place your information back into whatever pop-before-smtp
implementation you're using.

> If was really smart I would stop using an utterly dead (not developed since
> 1998), and unsupported software like qmail is and use _any_ of the others
> that is still alive, supported, developed and in much wider use.
>
> I bet that's not something you wanted to hear...

So you're blaming qmail for this 'problem'?  That makes me laugh.  Please get
a clue before you start throwing blame.

-Jeremy

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]