On Mar 31, 2005, at 7:08 AM, Joshua Coucke wrote:
I used the QMR install with the MySQL option to install vpopmail. Now, however, I need to switch from MySQL to PostgreSQL as the backend for the whole thing. The problem I am having is that when I recompile vpopmail to use PostgreSQL and then procede to check my email I get an error telling me that authorazation failed.

You'll need to recompile courier-imap (in addition to qmailadmin and vqadmin as others posted).

You can use the vuserinfo program to confirm that vpopmail is reading from PostgreSQL correctly.

I assume that you used vconvert to move the users from MySQL to PostgreSQL (probably moving them temporarily to vpasswd files?)

I'm fairly certain that PostgreSQL is working properly in 5.4.10. We did a lot of work on it, and I thought there were people using it in production environments.

--
Tom Collins - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
QmailAdmin: http://qmailadmin.sf.net/ Vpopmail: http://vpopmail.sf.net/