On Wednesday 18 May 2005 01:50 pm, Davide Giunchi wrote:
> Payal Rathod ha scritto:
> > Hi,
> > The other day a friend showed interest in qmail server. He is running
> > sendmail for many years and wants to shift to a better MTA (for his
> > moderately loaded server of 3 thousand users) during hardware change. I
> > have advised him qmail + vpopmail combo, but am scared of one thing
> > only. Can cdb handle that lot of recompiling (he surely does not want
> > any kind of sql) because almost all his users are roaming users?
>
> I use roaming user with a ~ 1600 server, the system is made by 2
> frontend and an NFS server, i've used this patch to make the roaming
> users function work with mysql instead of cdb over NFS:
>
> http://www.tnpi.biz/internet/mail/toaster/patches/tcpserver-mysql.shtml

that's a hack, and I would not recommend using it.

it's not tcpserver's job to handle specific functions such as this.

-Jeremy

    [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]