On Wednesday 06 July 2005 04:50 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have a fairly new installation of Qmail running, and when it works, it
> works great. But, from time to time it will begin to "time out".

what will?

> There are zero error messages appearing in any of the logs
> /var/log/messages or /var/log/qmail.
>
> All services are running
>
> A packet sniffer shows the entire session going as what would appear to be
> normal. I receive the final POP Request: QUIT packet and the mail server
> replying POP Response: +OK

ok, this doesn't really help, but ok.

> Though the mail will not leave Outlook

leave outlook?  I thought you were trying to pop mail?

Are you having trouble sending mail or fetching mail with pop3?

If the former, please use 'telnet' to connect to your smtp server and attempt
to send an email.  If that doesn't work, post the results to the qmail
mailing list, since that would not be related to vpopmail.

If the latter, please use 'telnet' to connect to your pop3 server and attempt
to retrieve email.  If that doesn't work, post the results here, as it could
potentially be related to vpopmail.

an example telnet session for SMTP:
$ telnet mail.example.com 25
EHLO my.machines.name