Tom,

You can find more info about this on the printf man page (3). Shortly - you can reuse some of the variables passed or reorder them. %2$s means the second string variable.

Stoyan

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 23:39, Tom Collins wrote:
On Jul 8, 2005, at 9:49 AM, Stoyan Marinov wrote:
> I needed to customize the vpopmail table structure for my needs and
> because of this I needed a different order of the arguments in the
> MySQL
> queries. I tried to use the %2$s in a query and noticed I can't do
> that.
> That's why I've made this little patch to make possible use this style
> for arguments.

I'm not familiar with using %2$s in a printf -- what does it mean?  Can
you not accomplish the same thing with another style?

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You don't need a laptop to troubleshoot high-speed Internet: