Jimmy Stewpot wrote:

Hello,

I am managing a group of servers that is running Redhat Enterprise Linux
v3. The Issue that I have just discovered is that we have now over 32000
users. Thats causing a problem as ext3 file system does not support more
than 32000 folders in any one particular folder.

Is there any way to setup vpopmail so that it supports directory hashes
or anything similar to that. Does anyone have any solutions to resolve
this type of issue.

Hi,

By default vpopmail does do directory hashing. IE you should have something like this for users.

user1 home = ~vpopmail/domains/domain.com/user1
user200 home = ~vpopmail/domains/domain.com/0/user200
user400 home = ~vpopmail/domains/domain.com/Z/user400

etc.

Is this not what you are seeing ?

Regards,

Rick