Hi,

increase the max_connections = 250 variable in my.cnf.

I had the same problem and this worked for me.

regards,
srosa

Wes Hegge wrote:

Hello everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me with this problem I am having.  I spent
all day yesterday looking for an answer.  I found some that were close
but still no luck.

Here is the error I am getting:
vmysql: error creating table 'dir_control': MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[b]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: error creating table 'signalblast_com': MySQL server has gone
away
Error. Failed while attempting to add domain to auth backend
vmysql: error creating table 'dir_control': MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: error creating table 'dir_control': MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[b]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: error creating table 'dir_control': MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[e]: MySQL server has gone away
Warning: Failed to delete dir_control for signalblast.com
Error: no auth connection

I am installing this on a Debian Sarge install:
Linux version 2.4.27-2-386 ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) (gcc
version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-12)) #1 Mon May 16 16:47:51 JST 2005

I have installed mysql-standard-4.1.14-pc-linux-gnu-i686 and then made a
symbolic link for mysql pointing to the above directory.

Qmail, daemontools, and tcuspi is installed.

Here is my vpopmail.mysql:
localhost|0|vpopmailuser|vpoppasswd|vpopmail

I can connect and make a test table using the above user and password.

I cannot figure out what the problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:S=C3=A9rgio Manuel Rosa
n;quoted-printable:Rosa;S=C3=A9rgio Manuel
org;quoted-printable:Dotwebon - Servi=C3=A7os de Internet, Lda;Internet Services
adr;quoted-printable:;;Rua Francisco Tom=C3=A1s da Costa, 51-A;Lisboa;Lisboa;1600-092;Portugal
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Consultant
tel;work:+351 21 793 50 28
tel;fax:+351 21 781 77 49