Wes Hegge wrote:

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 12:22 -0500, Ken Jones wrote:
Wes Hegge wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me with this problem I am having.  I spent
all day yesterday looking for an answer.  I found some that were close
but still no luck.

Here is the error I am getting:
vmysql: error creating table 'dir_control': MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[b]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: error creating table 'signalblast_com': MySQL server has gone
away
Error. Failed while attempting to add domain to auth backend
vmysql: error creating table 'dir_control': MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: error creating table 'dir_control': MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[b]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: error creating table 'dir_control': MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[e]: MySQL server has gone away
Warning: Failed to delete dir_control for signalblast.com
Error: no auth connection

I am installing this on a Debian Sarge install:
Linux version 2.4.27-2-386 ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) (gcc
version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-12)) #1 Mon May 16 16:47:51 JST 2005

I have installed mysql-standard-4.1.14-pc-linux-gnu-i686 and then made a
symbolic link for mysql pointing to the above directory.

Qmail, daemontools, and tcuspi is installed.

Here is my vpopmail.mysql:
localhost|0|vpopmailuser|vpoppasswd|vpopmail

I can connect and make a test table using the above user and password.

I cannot figure out what the problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
make sure the vpopmailuser has permission to create tables
in the vpopmail database.

Ken Jones
I have checked this.  I mentioned this just above, by creating a test
table.

Is qmail-smtpd running as the vpopmail user ? Does it have the permissions to read the vpopmail.mysql file in vpopmail/etc ?

Regards,

Rick