ISP Lists wrote:
Related to my earlier post, how expensive is it - resource-wise - to
reload a tcp.smtp file of 100-1000 lines?

If I have processing that is updating tcp.smtp every 5-10 minutes and I
choose to reload the cdb from that tcp.smtp, is that a bad idea?

The "qmailctl cdb" command runs very fast for me now, but I don't have any
idea what impact it has on any smtpd instances having to restart or
re-read.

Anyone know?

Hi,

You could reload a 100K lines flat file into a cdb file (tcp.smtp to tcp.smtp.cdb) every 10 seconds and you wouldn't notice the hit unless you were running on a P100.

I know because I did this exact test for an rbl I run.

Regards,

Rick