On 2006-01-04, at 1229, Rick Macdougall wrote:
Michl wrote:
Hi all, i need to setup a configuration backup for all my vpopmail domains, vpopmail
settings, and qmail settings.
What are the files I need to store in my backup to get a quickly disaster
recovery?

For qmail

/var/qmail/control/*
/var/qmail/users/*

you forgot /var/qmail/alias/* ... also necessary for a "full backup" of qmail settings.

http://www.qmailinfo.org/index.php/BackingUpQmail has a more complete list, including equivalent lists for vpopmail, courier-authlib, and courier-imap... as well as a list of the userid's and group id's which must be identical on the original server and on any server to which you plan to restore these files.

| John M. Simpson - KG4ZOW - Programmer At Large |
| http://www.jms1.net/           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |
| Mac OS X proves that it's easier to make UNIX  |
| pretty than it is to make Windows secure.      |