Hi,

(if your Q has not been answered ...).

At 12:23 07.02.2006 +0100, you wrote:

On Monday 06 February 2006 08:45, Tom Collins wrote:

On Feb 6, 2006, at 4:14 AM, N0K wrote:

  I have using vpopmail-5.4.13, qmail + smtp-auth
(http://members.elysium.pl/brush/qmail-smtpd-auth/dist/qmail-smtpd-
auth-0.31.tar.gz).

  Do i need to patch vchkpw or any similar things ?

You're using an outdated SMTP AUTH patch.  Try the one included in
vpopmail's contrib directory.

But, that reminds me, I could update vchkpw to try swapping the
challenge and response parameter order (the underlying problem) if the
correct way fails.  This would allow it to continue working with the
old patches that passed them in the wrong order.

my two cents:
the old patch should die. it's really, really, really bad. Leave vchkpw how it is :)

-Jeremy

Hello, and thanks for the reply, i have quit smtp auth old patch and i have patched with vpopmail/contrib patch, but now, i get the next error:

tsuki:/var/qmail/supervise# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 tsuki.fujitsu.es ESMTP
ehlo tsuki.fujitsu.es
250-tsuki.fujitsu.es
250-PIPELINING
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE 0
250 AUTH LOGIN PLAIN CRAM-MD5
AUTH LOGIN
334 VXNlcm5hbWU6
YnJvZHJpasffZ3sVlemJAZnVqaXRzdS5l     -> username in base64
334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6
MTIzMDhA                                             -> pass in base64
454 oops, unable to write pipe and I can't auth (#4.3.0)

Im going to past my qmail-smtpd/run too:

tsuki:/var/qmail/supervise# cat qmail-smtpd/run
#!/bin/sh

QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`

NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`

MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming` (this is 20)

exec /usr/bin/softlimit -m 4000000 /usr/bin/tcpserver -H -R -l 0 -c "$MAXSMTPD" -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd fujitsu.es /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /bin/true

Remove the hostname "fujitso.es" from the call to qmail-smtpd.

It will work at a glacne.

regards.
--eh.

Dr. Erwin Hoffmann | FEHCom | http://www.fehcom.de/
Wiener Weg 8, 50858 Cologne | T: +49 221 484 4923 | F: ...24