On Saturday 18 March 2006 02:52, Steve B wrote:
> On 3/18/06, Ruben Cardenal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > In the past I have done a LWQ install as well as a QmailRocks install.
> > >  However I don't think this is a 'qmail' problem.  I think this is a
> > > vpopmail issue.
> >
> >  As Jeremy told you, you should never install Qmail/Vpopmail/etc from
> > packages but install *all* compiling from the source code. I've done it
> > tons of times in this way and I've never had _any_ kind of problems. And,
> > of course, the Qmail installation part relies on LWQ.
> >
> >  Advice: don't use Qmailrocks as a reference in Qmail/Vpopmail lists :)
> >
> > Ruben
>
> What is the difference between installing from source or package? I am
> not having a problem with Qmail.  As I have said I have don't LWQ,
> QmailRocks, and Gentoo's ebuild / guide and I am having the same
> problem no matter what method I install qmail.  The problem I believe
> is with either vpopmail (the reason I'm posting to the vpopmail list)
> or with courier-imap (or some variation between the two
> communicating).

I am not trying to say it's not a vpopmail issue, however, we need to rule out
other things like completely broken qmail setups.  Having LWQ as a base is
much easier than having gentoo's awful, horrible qmail ebuilds in place.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen ++ [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the beginning was The Word and The Word was Content-type: text/plain
  -- The Word of Bob.