Just ignore it.  In a world where machines could do only one thing due to a lack of power, machines greeted with their own name, which was where you want to deliver to.  These days, where hundreds of domains can operate on one machine, this greeting just allows you to identify the server.  It is not required, nor does it matter.  this should NOT affect your Spam score, especially considering this is on your SMTP server, which is when you are receiving mail and not sending it.

-M

Jeremy Oddo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi All--

Sorry if this has been brought up in the past...I've been
off the list for a couple years.

Lately, our mail has had trouble getting to Yahoo, Hotmail,
and a smaller ISP. Sometimes the mail ends up in the spam
folders so I know our mail is getting to their box. I
checked the big blacklist sites and we are not listed. I
then ran our domain through the test at
http://www.dnsreport.com/. Everything came up clean except
for two things:

1. No SPF record (which I've fixed)
2. Mail server host name in greeting

Because I'm using Vpopmail with virtual domains, my mail
server address doesn't match my host address name in the
SMTP greeting.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there even a fix for it?

Thanks for the help.