On Friday 24 March 2006 10:22, Jeremy Oddo wrote:
> Hi All--
>
> Sorry if this has been brought up in the past...I've been
> off the list for <gulp> a couple years.
>
> Lately, our mail has had trouble getting to Yahoo, Hotmail,
> and a smaller ISP. Sometimes the mail ends up in the spam
> folders so I know our mail is getting to their box. I
> checked the big blacklist sites and we are not listed. I
> then ran our domain through the test at
> http://www.dnsreport.com/. Everything came up clean except
> for two things:
>
> 1. No SPF record (which I've fixed)

bah.  don't listen to that crap.  SPF if garbage.
http://homepages.tesco.net/J.deBoynePollard/FGA/smtp-spf-is-harmful.html

> 2. Mail server host name in greeting

> Because I'm using Vpopmail with virtual domains, my mail
> server address doesn't match my host address name in the
> SMTP greeting.

no, it means your reverse DNS record doesn't match your SMTP greeting.  Your
smtp greeting should have your machine's FQDN in it.  For instance, my
server's FQDN is tranquility.scriptkitchen.com and if you connect to my smtp
server you'll see that my FQDN is in my SMTP greeting.  Just put your FQDN
into your SMTP greeting and voila.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen ++ [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the beginning was The Word and The Word was Content-type: text/plain
  -- The Word of Bob.