no, no cdb rebuilding at all. this is with the patches to do so of course. my vpopmail tcp.smtp.cdb file hasn't been touched in just over three years.
Good to know- thanks for the correction.

of course, i have lots more mysql transactions going on all the time, but have had no performance problems associated with it.
I suppose so, but benchmarks are all specific to any setup as well.  Didn't know there were patches to do this (to qmail-smtpd or to tcpserver)?  I guess the big question is why add that dependency?  Why have all that database activity and connection requirement when you could just pass a password along... But then you can see from previous messages that I promote the smtp-auth these days
-M