Tom Collins wrote:
On Mar 23, 2006, at 7:09 PM, Kurt Bigler wrote:

on 10/18/05 10:35 PM, Tom Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Oct 18, 2005, at 6:45 PM, Jeff Salisbury wrote:

FYI, I am using version 5.3.5 of the vpopmail tools...

Try upgrading to something in the 5.4 series.  vdeldomain in 5.4 will
correctly delete just the alias, and won't touch the real domain behind
it.

Incorrect.  Very nasty bug:

I'm using vpopmail 5.4.10 and just did vdeldomain to delete an alias domain.
It deleted the original domain and left the alias domain untouched (but
useless).

Lost everything in that domain, I guess, including all users emails.
Fortunately there weren't many users on that domain, and possibly no mail
since most users are forwarded elsewhere.

Are you sure you were deleting the alias? I deleted an alias domain last week and it was fine. I just tried on a development server, and it was fine as well.

I definitely remember finding this bug and fixing it in 5.5.

I think that Rick had been working on changed to vdeldomain where it would warn you if you were deleting a domain that still had aliases, but I'm not sure where that code is...

It should be in 5.5's vdeldomain somewhere. I just finished the death march, and will be working on vpopmail/qmailadmin next. I'm just now going through 300 or so messages I've ignored for the last few days...

What should I do?

Should we move to vpopmail-devel?