I'd be hesitant to rsync /usr/lib if it's ba enough to cause crashing errors like that.  I'd be more interested in seeing you configure/recompile vpopmail with the existing headers/libraries in order to fix your problem rather than change your system and everything that depends on it.
-M

Paul Theodoropoulos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 12:19 PM 8/4/2006, Paul Theodoropoulos wrote:
>At 11:59 AM 8/4/2006, you wrote:
>>i knew i would leave out critical information - darnit.
>>
>>i'm using mysql auth backend. so cdb files aren't used.
>
>i'm wonder though now - i merely rsynced the mysql heirarchy over to
>the new server. perhaps doing a mysqldump and restore is what's called for.

found the problem. there were some very small differences in the
libraries between the two servers (likely due to the new server being
a brand new install of solaris 9, while the 'old' server is merely at
a recent solaris patch release of 9).

i rsynced /usr/lib, and all is well now. likely something
specifically to do with the md5 hash libraries.

whew!

Paul Theodoropoulos
http://www.anastrophe.com