Hi,

When I send an email to a valias address on vpopmail 5.4.13, it forwards
the email to the alias address as expected but it does not use the from
address of the email sender - instead the from address is
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]".

How can this be changed so the from address is the same as the original
email senders from address?

For example, I have the following alias in MySQL:

mysql> select * from vpopmail.valias where domain='testdomain.com' and
alias='test';
+-------+----------------+-----------------+
| alias | domain         | valias_line     |
+-------+----------------+-----------------+
| test  | testdomain.com | [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |
+-------+----------------+-----------------+

I then send the email using a from address of [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] qmail-smtpd]# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mx1.testserver.com ESMTP
HELO me.com
250 mx1.testserver.com
mail from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
250 ok
rcpt to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
250 ok
data
354 go ahead
Test
.
250 ok 1166640551 qp 29612

The email correctly arrives in the mailbox [EMAIL PROTECTED] (so the alias
worked) but the from address is "[EMAIL PROTECTED] - why
isn't the from address [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have configured vpopmail with these options:

./configure --enable-logging=e --disable-passwd --enable-clear-passwd
--disable-many-domains --disable-auth-logging --enable-mysql-replication
--enable-valias --enable-mysql-limits --enable-auth-module=mysql
--disable-sql-logging --enable-qmail-ext

Thank you for your help!

John