On 2007-09-24, at 1008, mlist wrote:

I have a test machine that I upgraded to vpopmail 5.4.23. I recompiled/reinstalled qmailadmin and vqadmin. I didn't recompile courier-imap nor did I recompile qmail-smtpd.

I was able to telnet and successfully login to ports 25, 110, 143. So, is it necessary to recompile qmail-smtpd and Courier? I didn't recompile qmail-smtp because I'm not using the chkuser patch - I am using john simpsons combined patch 1.7.01. Would I still need to recompile?

the "1" is part of "jms1". the patch is "version 7.01".

you do need to rebuild courier-authlib, since it links against vpopmail. you do not, however, need to rebuild qmail itself.

| John M. Simpson    ---   KG4ZOW   ---    Programmer At Large |
| http://www.jms1.net/                         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |
| http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173 |